Clifford Paschal is the proud owner of both The Insurance Store of Texas – America’s Insurance Store and Paschal Performance Parts. He has a lifelong passion for automobile racing, having been a racer himself and is now mentoring and leading the Paschal Performance racing team. Unfortunately, Clifford has been battling Leukemia since 2017. Initially diagnosed with Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia (CMML), his disease transformed into Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), one of the most aggressive and difficult to treat cancers there is. Clifford relates that the MD Anderson Cancer Center told him that he had 12-18 months to live; The Mayo Clinic gave him 24 months.
Now in year four of his battle with leukemia, he continues to fight AML thanks to unique approaches, cutting-edge treatments, innovative clinical trials and top-notch patient care at The Ohio State University’s James Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the leading leukemia centers in the world. Clifford’s treatment journey has been shaped by the shared values of his treatment team and himself: recognizing that AML is incurable today, he seeks to find balance in disease control and quality of life. Believing in something bigger than himself, Clifford has a vision of a cure for AML one day, and wants you to join his team.
Your contribution in honor of Clifford Paschal supports the Clifford Paschal Fund for AML Research at the James Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Paschal Research Fund supports the work of Clifford's Physician, Dr. Blachly, in pursuit of new understanding of the causes of and better treatments for leukemia with a focus on Acute Myeloid Leukemia and its antecedent myeloid bone marrow disorders like CMML and MDS. Funds may be used for but not limited to research, equipment, technology, supplies, salary and benefits or other related lab needs.
All gifts are tax deductible and can be made by credit card or by mailing in a check. If you want to make your gift online by credit card, please click the 'Give Now' button above.
For check payments:
- Make check payable to: The James Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Include in memo field: Buckeye Funder Paschal Fund for AML Research – Fund #317361
- Mail check to: The Ohio State University Foundation, P.O. Box 710811, Columbus, OH 43271-0811
Learn more about Dr. James S. Blachly
Have questions? Please reference our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) listed below:
- 100% of all contributions benefit AML research.
- Is my donation tax deductible?
- Yes! You will receive a receipt for your donation by December 31.
- How do I make a contribution?
- A few different options are available (see below):
- Credit Card: Simply press one of the red buttons with a designated dollar amount. Please make sure your mailing address matches the billing address for your credit/debit card.
- Check: make payable to The James Comprehensive Cancer Center and mail to: The Ohio State University Foundation, PO Box 710811 Columbus, OH 43271-0811. Please put Buckeye Funder Paschal Fund for AML Research – Fund #317361 in the memo field.
- Appreciated securities: Please email Lisa Ballmann for securities transfer instructions.
- When will my credit card be charged?
- Your credit card will be charged immediately upon finalizing your gift on the site.
- Are international donations accepted?
- Yes, The Ohio State University Foundation accepts international gifts via credit card or check.
- What is the institution’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number?
- The Ohio State University Foundation’s Tax ID Number is 31-1145986.
- Who should I contact with questions about my contribution?