Congratulations to the the Class of 2012: 2022 Macular Madness Champions
Although our giving page is no longer active, you can still donate. If you would like to provide any additional support, please make a gift here.
Head over to the UPDATES tab to read the latest information.
You’ve heard of March Madness, but now it’s time for Macular Madness! This is our first year for this new class giving challenge that will support student scholarships.
- This challenge is based on participation percentage, not dollar amounts. The minimum gift to participate is only $5.
- There are six rounds and each time a round ends, the classes with the higher donor percentage will advance. Round 1 opponents are grouped based on class donor count.
- The giving percentage for each class will then reset to zero and classmates will have to participate again to bring that percentage back up to compete against their new opponent.
- You are in the class for the year you received your first degree from our college. A few classes are grouped together so that we could include graduates as far back as 1946.
- All dollars will go to the College of Optometry’s general scholarship fund, which is essential in recruiting new top students and awarding those in upper classes who have financial need.
- Round 1: March 1-11 – 64 Classes
- Round 2: March 13-17 – 32 Classes
- Round 3: March 19-22 – Sweet 16
- Round 4: March 24-26 – Elite 8
- Round 5: March 28-29 – Final 4
- Championship: March 31