Although our giving page is no longer active, you can still donate. If you would like to provide any additional support, please make a gift here.
Head over to the UPDATES tab to read the latest information.
It’s time again for Macular Madness! This is our second year for this new class giving challenge that supports student scholarships. Last year, we raised more than $12,000 from 279 donors. The Class of 2012 prevailed with nearly 60% of their class participating.
Here’s what you need to know.
- This challenge is based on participation percentage, not dollar amounts. The minimum gift is only $5 for each round. You are in the class for the year you received your first degree from our college.
- There are six rounds and each time a round ends, the classes with the higher donor percentage will advance. Round 1 opponents are grouped based on last year’s participation.
- At the start of the next round, the giving percentage for each class will reset to zero and classmates will have to participate again to bring that percentage back up to compete against their new opponent.
- All money will support the College of Optometry’s general scholarship fund, which is essential in recruiting new top students and awarding those in upper classes who have financial need.
The round breakdowns are:
- Round 1: March 1-9 – 64 Classes
- Round 2: March 10-16 – 32 Classes
- Round 3: March 17-22 – Sweet 16
- Round 4: March 23-27 – Elite 8
- Round 5: March 28-30 – Final 4
- Round 6: March 31 – Championship
The class that wins the championship will receive a complimentary ticket for each classmate to attend our 2023 Homecoming Tailgate on Saturday, October 7 … and bragging rights of course.